Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Relaxing Green Tea

I just love this green tea I have been drinking of late. To be truthful, I do not know what I am drinking...since it was discovered in the cupboard, it's cover long discarded. I was informed that it was indeed green tea & was bought from the Grand Bazaar in Trivandrum. But no one knows the brand. But to come back to it, the flavour is unique and reminds me of Earl Grey. Yet it is not Earl Grey. And the aroma is sweet. I usually take a teaspoonful for a large mug of tea. Empty the leaves when the water starts to boil & allow it to boil for a minute. After which I let it brew for 1 and a half or 2 minutes. Brewing for a longer period may make it a bit bitter. A teaspoon of sugar makes it a fine liquid indeed. But the lack of sugar never offends the palate and you can gently down the contents. This one soothing drink which will not add to your weight since you can have it black.

No comments: