Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Water: The Feel Good Factor

Yesterday I rediscovered the joys of water therapy . I hadn't been feeling too good-slightly feverish, joint pain, a bad taste in my mouth. I really did not want to be in bed. I dragged myself to office & because I felt palpitation I decided to drink water. I drunk as many little cupfuls as I could & since I wasn't feeling too good -warm water at that. By around four I started feeling better and by 6.30 I was back to my usual self:)....I really dunno when I stopped drinking water.
I came across a couple of good links regarding the benefits. But one thing I can vouch for is general good health & well being. It's like washing anything else I guess. Water taken in,literally cleans the system,bowels & the blood. Besides I do remember reading somewhere that the body is primarily composed of water. Roughly 80%. Ideally we need to drink 1.5 litres a day.
Mahatma Gandhi talks about his experiments with water therapy in his autobiography My Experiments with Truth.Water therapy has been practised in India and Japan since a very very long time. It was called Usha Paana Chikitsa by the ancient Indians.
I came across this funny and informative piece called Water Therapy for Better Humans here:http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/commentary/imomus/2006/01/69948
Here the author talks about another kind of water therapy. But here's a link which provides a list of some ailments which they claim can be cured by this. The comments by people who tried it out are also interesting. http://health.wiki.zoho.com/Water-Therapy.htmlThere's no harm in trying it out just to keep the body fit. After all it doesn't cost a fortune!!!!

No comments: