Monday, April 14, 2008

An Auspicious Vishu!!!

Today is Vishu & I'm happy that I could write after such a long spell on this auspicious day. You may have heard of the Chinese New Year. Well this is the Malayalam New Year. I got 1 rupee as Vishu kayneettam:) People give money to people younger than them...All this giving and recieving are considered as good signs. Alot of women wear the Kerala sari with the gold zari border. The women folk take people blindfolded to the room where flowers,coconuts, a mirror etc are arranged. So when a person opens his eyes, he sees something very auspicious...I wanted to write about something else, but now I feel that it would mar this day's sanctity....so I will probably write that later....
Anyhow, this Vishu was good for me. I attended a wedding where I had mutton biriyani and friends brought payasam,both were very good and distinctive. One was made from banana & the other was milk based with ada.Mmmm...then more snacks. Next year will be prosperous for me.....

No comments: