Monday, November 3, 2008

Preventing Colds and Cough!!!


All my friends ask me how I get better so soon...? How come I never get colds or coughs??? Here's the secret. I eat an egg, boiled, half boiled or fried and drink lots of lime juice and hot water. The egg should be as raw as possible depending on yr personal level of tolerence. I like half boiled eggs...so I take em that way. The logic: Egg is full of fortifying vitamins which will give you strength. And lime juice is the cheapest and easiest source of vitamin C which prevents colds. If you like other citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit and they are available locally, go for it!!! Drink lots of warm or hot water too during the day. And take rest when you need it. This always works for me. Yes and before I forget...have a bowl of soup in the evenings. And make sure your hair is dry before going to bed. You need to start this routine from the day you start feeling queezy till you feel fit. It always works for me. Isn't prevention better than cure??!!

By the way, I came upon this practise by trial and error...so nobody go out and patent...K ???!!! :)

*Picture Courtesy: The Internet

No comments: